This Privacy Notice serves to explain the kind of personal data SAFMH collects and how the data is processed and stored. SAFMH is very careful in terms of the data collected and processed and will ensure the safety of the data collected and stored to the best of our abilities.
Personal data refers to any information that can be used to identify a person. The data SAFMH collects, processes and stores relates to data that is given to us directly.
The personal data collected, processed and stored on our database relates to the following parties:
- Individuals who reach out to SAFMH for assistance relating to mental health services, referrals and information
- Individuals and companies that provide financial support to SAFMH and make regular or occasional donations to SAFMH
- Individuals and organisations that participate in mental health awareness and advocacy events and activities run by SAFMH
- Organisations and service providers SAFMH works with in trying to achieve the best level of mental health for all
- National and international organisations and businesses sourcing mental health services from SAFMH
- Service providers and suppliers
- Employees and volunteers
- Board members of the organisation
SAFMH collects, processes and stores personal data relating to specific purposes, such as:
- Being able to provide support to parties making enquiries with SAFMH about mental health services, referrals and information, and sending of follow-up communication,
- Recording donation information in order to be able to issue donation receipts to individuals and companies,
- Sending updates on our work to supporters of the organisation,
- Follow-up communication sent to individuals and/or organisations engaging in SAFMH mental health awareness and advocacy activities
- Ongoing communication with partner organisations, customers, service providers and suppliers
- The preparation of mental health statistics reports
- Conducting of research related to mental health issues
- Marketing and fundraising initiatives, including mental health workshops, seminars and meetings
Categories of personal information collected may include:
- Contact details
- ID numbers
- Demographic information, including location, race, age and gender
- Enquiry details
- Company addresses
- Company VAT registration numbers
- Donation details
All information shared with SAFMH is monitored by management for quality purposes and employees of the organisation may be required at any time to share information collected and processed with management.
In some cases, SAFMH might share personal information with partner organisations and service providers, who might be able to assist individuals enquiring about mental health services.
SAFMH takes the security of the personal data of stakeholders very seriously and does everything in its ability to protect the collected and stored data from unauthorised access, modification and loss. SAFMH makes use of a safe and access-controlled processing software and implements strict access controls, providing access only to employees and managers who are processing the relevant data. Data is stored for as long as it is needed for the purpose it is being processed for.
Parties engaging with SAFMH via any method of communication have rights regarding the collection and processing of their personal data, including:
- to be informed about the collection and processing of their personal data,
- to access the data collected, processed and stored
- to correct or update the data collected, processed and stored
- to request for the deletion of the data collected, processed and stored
- to withdraw consent
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us on email@example.com or telephonically on 076 078 8722.